You need an App for something? You can bet there’s an App for that!
If you’re a die hard traveler, you have an app to help you with every leg of your journey. There’s an App to help you with your hotels, your flights, food, photos and more!
Remember that time you found that great article online of all the top must see destinations to visit, hidden gems or must-try restaurants, but left it all at home?
Since 2009, GPSMyCity, a Smartphone App that has provided over 5,000 DIY guided walks via smartphones in over 700 cities around the world! Each kind of walk such as “Sightseeing Walks” or “Shopping Walks” is comes with an offline travel guide guiding you every step of the way to all the best attractions, monuments and more! Forget those local guides!
GPSMyCity has been around for a while now, but like all things, they have stayed innovative, adapting to how users interact with their phones. More and more people rely on their Smartphones for everything. Now, GPSMyCity has begun reaching out to travel bloggers, like myself, to collaborate with travelers to turn their existing travel blogs filled with useful tips and information into GPS Guided Travel Apps!
I have been using GPSMyCity for a little while now and our travels will never be the same. Now, we can easily navigate through any new city to all the best locations and hidden gems and never miss a beat, carrying nothing but our Smartphones!
So, let me introduce you to the GPS-Guided Travel Article App!
As previously mentioned, GPSMyCity has teamed up with bloggers and writers to promote their travel articles by arming them with GPS locations and a clear, mapped out travel guides to take their readers off the beaten path by turning them into downloadable Apps. Travelers can now walk with confidence knowing where they are, where they need to go and how to get there at their own pace with the help of their iOS devices.
You can download Article Apps for free to your Smartphone which are ready to take with you on the go. For a small fee (about $2.00), you can upgrade the article to use when you don’t have access to the Internet. The upgrade comes with an offline map and GPS navigation assistance directly to your phone to turn you into your very own personal tour guide.
Why Should You Use Article Apps?
Since turning this blog into a full blown travel blog, I have discovered much more information about each and every location in the world thanks to other travel blogs! While I love my travel guides, they are heavy and only contain some of the most standard sights to see. With travel blogs, I can discover more beyond the pages of a book. I would rather plan out my entire trip with the advice of other like-minded travelers like myself, who want to have real cultural experiences. Their opinions and suggestions are real and honest for which I can appreciate rather than someone selling me something I don’t want just to get a penny out of me.
I have always jotted down notes on my yellow sticky notes, mapped it out in my travel guide book on a map and at the last minute, decided I didn’t want to carry a heavy book around all day and left it at the hotel. I would kick myself for forgetting those notes I took down, missing an opportunity to experience something wonderful. Other times, I have stumbled upon something so wonderful, a true hidden gem and can’t remember exactly where I should find it again.
But now GPSMyCity has come to the rescue!
What Are The Benefits Of Using The GPSMyCity App and Why Should You Use It?
- Read your favorite blog articles OFFLINE wherever you go! – When traveling it’s normal not to have access to data or WIFI nor do you want to deal with those pesky roaming fees. With GPSMyCity you can download and save articles without any hassle to your smartphone or tablet even without Internet access.
- There are maps and travel directions for every article! – No need to spend time searching for those addresses and hidden locations again! GPSMyCity has already done that for you!
- Go at your own pace! – You no longer need to feel rushed through a tour, barely scratching the surface! With GPSMyCity, you can now explore a new city on your own time! You are the master of your own tour!
- Lose yourself without getting lost! – Put down that bulky, heavy tour guide book and wander around with your new travel app! No need to look like a tourist anymore!
- There are a variety of tours! – GPSMyCity has many different articles written by many different bloggers, so there is bound to be a tour for you! For Munich alone there are 32 different self-guided tours!
- Skip the expensive tours and SAVE MONEY! – Upgrade your articles on GPSMyCity for only a fraction of the cost of expensive city tours!
But why am I sharing this with you?
I know, it’s so unlike me to share such a post, but as a travel blogger, I am always finding new ways to improve the way we travel. I have come to rely on the amazing information I find through the experiences of other travel bloggers! These Apps have made life so much easier and saves us a lot of time when it comes to planning our travels!
Plus, I’m excited to share with you the wonderful news that some of my own posts from California Globetrotter are now available for download on GPSMyCity as GPS-Guided Apps!
As a BONUS GPSMyCity and I are offering a GIVE AWAY of 3 of my posts which have been turned into Apps to introduce you to how amazing this concept is, beginning Sunday October 9 – 16th, 2016.
You can access GPS-guided travel articles two different ways:
- Click on a link below for the article you are interested in (if you haven’t already downloaded the free GPSmyCity app, you will see a prompt to do so). After downloading the app, you will be directed to the article, where you can choose UPGRADE to get the GPS-guided version.
- From the GPSmyCity app, you can browse by city to see which articles are available.
You can download any article for free or upgrade for offline GPS-guided use.
The FREE GIVE AWAY includes:
Interested in checking out the rest of my travel articles that are featured on GPSmyCity? In my articles, you’ll find all the great places to visit, often food that must be tried and tips to help you on your journey.
- Salzburg, Austria
- The Colorful Town of Innsbruck, Austria
- A Surprise Trip to Vienna, AustriaA Surprise Trip to Vienna, Austria
- Antwerp, Belgium
- The Beauty of Strasbourg, France
- A Day Strolling the Canals of Amsterdam
- Utrecht: The Less Touristy Version of Amsterdam
- Diocletian’s Palace: Split, Croatia
- Oxford: Home of the Scholarly
- Colmar, France
- A Drive to Leuven (Just for Waffles!)
- Ceske Budejovice: Castles, Beer and More!
- Cesky Krumlov – A Perfectly Preserved Medieval TownCesky Krumlov – A Perfectly Preserved Medieval Town
- Autumn in Hallstatt, Austria!
- Zaanse Schans: Windmills, Clogs and Cheese!
Disclaimer: Should you decide to purchase an upgrade for one of my blog articles, I will receive a small fraction of the cost for California Globetrotter.
How Do You Access These Posts?
Simply click the listed article link you are interested in from your mobile device. You will be prompted to download the GPSmyCity app if you haven’t already. You will then be directed to the article, where you can choose UPGRADE to get the GPS-guided version.
Are you a Fellow Travel Blogger & want to share your posts?
Do you have travel posts that you think must be shared with other fellow travelers and think it would be a great App? Looking to monetize your blog? Turn your blog posts into GPS-Guided Apps with GPSMyCity at no extra work for you! Simply find out more information and register for free as an author account and GPSMyCity will transform your posts into guides-to-go and earning you 70% Net Sales incomes on iTunes and GooglePlay!
So, what’s your opinion about these article Apps? Have you ever used them before? Are you interested in testing them out?
Liked this post? PIN IT FOR LATER!!