Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase, I might make a little extra spending money, at no extra cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own and these products/services have been found useful during our travels and come highly recommended to you from yours truly!
Once you’ve been bit by the travel bug, there’s no cure. You live, breathe and dream travel. Travel is the soul purpose of your existence. The exhilarating thrill of embarking on a new adventure is like a shot of adrenaline and you keep going back for more. You love the adventure, meeting new people and wandering into the unknown. You love discovering new places and learning about the history and culture of a place, soaking it all in and then sharing it with the world. Below is a list of symptoms that may help you to recognize whether or not you are OBSESSED with travel.
1. Your bookshelf is full of Travel Guides
2. Your Pinterest account is full of travel quotes
3. Your Pinterest account has more boards of places you want to visit
5. You make Mod Podge travel themed home decor
6. You watch the Travel Channel and want to be Samantha Brown
7. Your passport is filled with stamps and left over luggage stickers
8. You save all your travel documents for future scrapbooking
9. You scrapbook/journal all of your travels
10. You are a picture whore who takes the same picture 50 times to get a good one with you and the Eiffel Tower behind you.
11. You have done the touristy thing and held the Eiffel Tower in your hands and holding the Leaning Tower of Pisa up.
12. You proudly display your travel souvenirs in your house
13. You are have take travel themed engagement photos or want a travel themed wedding
14. You love to read Travel Chick-Lit Books
15. You have a special travel bag only used for traveling
16. You have travel themed jewlery
17. You collect T-Shirts from every country you visit (or shot glasses!)
18. You refuse to leave somewhere without eating traditional, authentic food
19. You refuse to leave somewhere until you have experienced a traditional tradition
20. You are fully researched about the history and culture of your next vacation
21. Your pictures from all your adventures are on every wall and shelf available in your house
22. You are addicted to the Weather Channel because surprisingly they have really great travel videos
23. You have a box full of money from around the world, saved for a future return!
24. You plan out your vacations for the next year based on holidays
25. You have a travel bucket list that continues to grow!
26. You speak more than one language (or you know how to order a beer in multiple languages!)
27. You are downright appalled when someone informs you they don’t have a passport and you direct them to the nearest Post Office
28. You immediately eavesdrop on other conversations the minute you hear a different language
29. You aspire to write a travel memoir one day
30. Your family and friends live on Facebook and Skype
31. Your iPhone has the weather temperatures in more than 5 cities around the world
32. Your iPhone also has the time clocks from multiple cities around the world
33. You live in conversion rates
34. You live counting the time zones
35. You read travel blogs religiously
36. You are jealous that other people come from other parts of the world, only to realize they are just as jealous of you
37. You have friends on your Facebook that you met on your travels, who you will probably never see again
38. You love the travel section of BuZZfeed and Huffingtonpost
39. You have seen EuroTrip more times than you care to admit
40. You want to work for a travel agency or cruise line
41. You begin sentences with “When I was in …”
42. When you don’t need a scale to know your luggage is too heavy
43. You start denken auf two languages at the same Zeit.
43. You flick through your passport just to see the stamps
44. You have considered getting (or have) a travel themed tattoo
46. You have a hard time lending someone your suitcases because you never know when you might need it
47. You don’t plan trips to go shopping, but to see the wonders of that city
48. You have multiple people wanting to meet you somewhere around the world
49. You know your way around multiple cities like a local
50. You stay in on a Friday and Saturday night because you are saving for your next vacation
51. You have made your own vacation travel jar
52. Your family has a stack of postcards from your trips around the world
53. You know the airport codes for multiple airports
54. You know all the cheap travel websites for hotels and flights
55. You take travel quizzes, map quizzes, world quizzes, monuments quizzes
56. You love flags from around the world
57. You know the difference between Gelato and ice cream
58. You get serious Post-travel blues and constantly go back and look at your pictures
59. You have a special travel drawer in your dresser
60. You have a collection of international plug adapters for different regions of the world
61. You have an unconditional love of airports for some reason
62. You cant sleep the week before your next vacation
63. You have songs related to traveling
64. You feel restless when you haven’t traveled anywhere for a while
65. You tell people your hobby is traveling
66. You write a travel blog
67. You know how to swear in different languages
68. You have more friends around the world than at home
69. Your Facebook feed has status updates in more than 5 languages
70. Your family is lucky to see you once a year
71. Your friends ask you “Where are you now?”
72. Your boss asks you “Where are you going now?”
73. You’re in a relationship with someone from a different country
74. You joined multiple travel groups on Facebook
75. You can draw a map of Europe on a napkin without looking at a map
76. You know all the capitals of Europe
77. You are subscribed to more than one travel magazine
78. You are constantly daydreaming about where you will go next
79. You book your next vacation after your first day back to work
80. You plan your vacations around a traditional festival in that country
81. You call more than one place home
82. You work to travel. That’s it.
83. You don’t get jetlag anymore
84. You moved to Europe (or your favorite country) just so you could travel more for less
85. Your Christmas list is filled with travel related gifts
86. Aspects of your life have been neglected, like perhaps you need to buy a new sofa or dining room chairs., but haven’t wanted to waste the money to replace them.
87. You buy travel related gifts for all of your friends and family to help inspire them to travel too.
88. You NEVER leave the house without your Canon Camera
89. You save all of your maps, ticket stubs & brochures as souvenirs, or in case you need them again!
90. You have a dresser drawer dedicated to your travel accessories, passport, travel plugs and more
91. You have a special pair of shoes and you know when you put them on, you’re about to have an adventure
92. You collect travel quotes in a special travel journal
93. You spend too much time living vicariously through other people’s travels on Instagram until your next trip
94. You tend to have more friends who also love to travel than those who don’t
95. You have more expat friends who keep leaving to go home, therefore giving you a reason to visit them in their home country
96. You take more pictures of the places you visit than of people
97. You have a collection of movies to inspire travel
98. You have a list of favorite travel songs you listen to when you embark on a new trip!
99. You collect Vintage Suitcases as travel home decor
100. YOU JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TRAVELING MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!
Below are some of my favorite travel related products such as the Lonely Planet Ultime Travel book to check off my bucket list, as well as a scratch off map and the most convenient travel wallet I have ever had!